Do You Know a Hygienist Who Deserves an Award?
NMDHA offers 6 award categories:
- Dental Hygienist of Excellence Award
- Mentor of the Year
- Future RDH Award
- Outstanding Member Award
- Trailblazer Award
- Life Member Award
The nominee must be a member of ADHA or SADHA.
Click here for more information on NMDHA awards.
NMDHA at Work For You
Did You Know...
What does NMDHA do for members?
- NMDHA gives the NM Board of Dental Health Care input to all proposed rule changes affecting dental hygiene practice. Most recently, this included rules regarding the use of lasers by dental hygienists and collaborative practice. Pending now are rules for mobile dental clinics and non-dentist owners.
Statutory changes effected by NMDHA include:
- Local anesthesia under general supervision
- Limited prescriptive authority
- Assessment for sealant application without a dental exam
- Fluoride treatments without supervision
NMDHA also contributed to earlier gains:
- Administration of local anesthesia
- General supervision
- Licensure by credentials
- Collaborative practice
- Medicaid provider status
It is only through membership and volunteerism that your profession has come so far and it is only through membership and volunteerism that your profession can continue to move forward.
Membership Application forms can be found on the Membership page or go to adha.org.
NMDHA represents the interests of over 1300 dental hygienists in New Mexico. This non-profit, volunteer based professional association serves all dental hygienists in New Mexico.
To represent dental hygienists in continuing to improve the oral health of our community by being innovative in increasing access to quality oral healthcare.
To elevate the dental hygiene profession by promoting education, expanding the opportunities for practice, and enhancing access to quality oral healthcare.
- Serve as the recognized authority for the profession of dental hygiene
- Promote consumer advocacy in oral health care as part of total health
- Achieve autonomy of dental hygiene education, licensure and practice