Requirements to obtain a credentialed dental hygiene license are as follows:
- Have an active license for at least two years that is in good standing and obtained by examination from another state;
- Graduation from an Accredited Dental Hygiene Program;
- Passed the National Dental Hygiene Board;
- Completed required amount of continuing education in the last 12 months including infection control;
- Copy of current CPR and infection control courses (OSHA)
- Passed the jurisprudence examination;
- A Level II PBIS (Professional Background Information Services) report, which either indicates no negative findings or if there are negative findings, those findings will be considered by the Dental Hygienists Committee. (Information on the PBIS process is available online along with a New Mexico credential license application.)
For information regarding additional requirements, refer to the New Mexico Statute and Rules.
For further information, contact:
New Mexico Board of Dental Health Care and the New Mexico Dental Hygienists Committee
Toney Anaya Building
2550 Cerrillos Rd.
Santa Fe, NM 87504-5101